Join Our Team
Retail Store Manager Job Description – Full Time Position
Bronwen Jewelry is a Bend based artisan jewelry company. We are 50% wholesale and 50% Direct to Consumer via our online store. We are thrilled to open our first retail store downtown in May 2020 and we need you! We will merchandise our jewelry plus a beautifully curated assortment of additional designer jewelry, homewares, gifts and accessories.
We are searching for an enthusiastic and talented person to roll up their pant legs and dig into opening this store in style with us. This full-time position will begin mid-April in time to prep for the grand opening in May.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Ensure excellent levels of customer satisfaction through stellar service and a cheery disposition
- Maintain outstanding store aesthetic and visual merchandising standards
- Maintain a working knowledge of brand story of all products we sell and be willing and enthusiastic about educating customers about why we value the brands we sell
- Articulate clearly the core values of Bronwen Jewelry to all prospect and existing customers
- Report on buying trends, customer needs
- Recruit, train, and supervise retail staff
- Track inventory, place reorders, interface with vendors
- Unpack, record and track all incoming inventory
- Plan, provision, supervise and facilitate all First Friday (Artwalk) events
- Propose and execute innovative ideas to increase sales
- Prepare various promotional materials and in-store displays
- Resolve all issues that arise from staff or customers
- Be a shining example of a highly competent and even-keel personality
- Additional store manager duties as needed
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A natural readiness to engage customers in an authentic and positive manner
- Proven successful experience as a retail manager
- Excellent customer management skills
- Bomb-proof organizational skills and a keen sense of the importance of tiny details
- Self-motivated and self-directing team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and staff
- Ability to recognize and learn from mistakes
- Clear understanding of comprehensive retail store operations including POS systems
- Customer service-oriented attitude and a love of selling awesome products to awesome people
- Computer literacy and appreciation for technology
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
This is a full-time position paid hourly based on 40 hours per week. Pay range is $16 - $20 depending on experience and skills. Evaluation after 60 days of successful employment. This position is eligible for health insurance compensation after 90 days (company pays 50% of premium) as well as paid time off. Other perks include exclusive pricing on many outdoor brands as well as the opportunity to work with the world’s best customers.
SUPER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
We are a team of (almost entirely female) passionate, super-efficient, multi tasking, really super nice, humorous as hell, loveable humans. Our work ethic is very strong and our brand culture is one that places high value on work/life balance. Many of us have been working together for over five years and we hope to find someone who wants to tuck in and grow this position in the long term. We care very much about the integrity of our work as well as our behavior and actions both at work and in life in general. We are a transparent and inclusive company based in the outdoor industry and, while it is not necessary to be an avid outdoors person, it is necessary to have an understanding and appreciation for outdoor recreation. We do not discriminate in any way and we welcome all qualified applications.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume along with an introduction letter highlighting the skills and experience you believe will make you the best person to manage the Bronwen Retail store. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org and please use Retail Store Manager in the subject line. We can’t wait to meet you.